The Free Mortgage Advice People
Border Mortgages Logo
Insurance Protection

With a bit of forward planning and the right protection products on your side, some peace of mind can be restored leaving you to focus on what’s really important.

Traditionally, we have our buildings and contents insurance with our mortgage lenders, which may be uncompetitive in a very competitive marketplace. It may also be the case that a property may be underinsured, due to decoration, extension or the increase in house prices.

We offer the following types of insurance protection.

Life Insurance

When buying a home, it's not uncommon to consider mortgage life insurance. Decreasing Life Insurance is a type of insurance that's designed to help protect a repayment mortgage. Level Term would not decrease over the term of the plan. It could pay out a cash sum if you die or you're diagnosed with a terminal illness with a life expectancy of less than 12 months, during the length of your policy. With this type of insurance, the amount of cover does not reduce in line with the way decreasing mortgage cover does.

Do I need Life Insurance?

As with any insurance policy, whether you need Life Insurance will depend on your circumstances. Our Decreasing Life Insurance is designed to meet the demands and needs of people who want to help protect a repayment mortgage.

What is critical illness cover?

Critical illness cover is a type of life insurance policy that offers protection in the event of a serious illness or injury.

If you’re diagnosed with an illness that your policy covers, you’ll usually receive a tax-free, one-off payment. This will help to support the change to your life and ease the financial concerns that may come from it. It may be as simple as paying off your mortgage, covering any loss of earnings, or perhaps making necessary adjustments to your home. If you have dependants at home, the money from your policy will lighten the financial burden placed on your family.

Income Protection Insurance

Income Protection Insurance is an insurance policy, paying you benefits on a monthly basis if are incapacitated and hence unable to work due to illness or accident.

Building and Contents Insurance

This type of insurance will protect your home and contents should you buy this cover. There are different types of policy to suit your needs.

To Discuss How We Can Help You

Please call:

07828 914 154